Oxitec is a spin-out from the University of Oxford that is taking the forefront in the control of insect populations using modern biotechnology. The aim of the project was to assess the opportunity of entering the Brazilian market and structure an entry strategy and implementation plan that included identifying distribution channels and production, distribution and sales partners.
- Mapping of local initiatives for controlling and managing dengue;
- Assessment of the government’s procurement and decision-making processes when adopting new technologies;
- Identification of main barriers to entry and development of strategies for overcoming them;
- Identification of main local partners and financing mechanisms;
- Drawing up of a project schedule and implementation plan.